“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.”
- “Only that day dawns to which we are awake.”
- “Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.”
- “No man follows his genius till it misled him.”
- “If you would be chaste, you must be temperate.”
- “The faultfinder will find fault even in Paradise.”
- “Our life is frittered away by detail.”
- “Simplicity. Simplicity. Simplicity.”
- “The man who goes alone can start today.”
- “The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.”
- [In all of these, it could be a woman, of course.]
- “If a man [could be a woman] does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Make “I” statements.
- Be a player.
- Pay attention.
- Use your solitude to shape your character,
- And use your solitude to renew yourself for your work in the world.
Leave a Reply