The West Trenton Railroad Bridge is a concrete arch bridge carrying the CSX and SEPTA West Trenton rail lines across the Delaware River between Lower Makefield Township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania and the West Trenton section of Ewing Township in Mercer County, New Jersey. It was originally designed by the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad and was constructed from 1911 to 1913 by the F. W. Talbot Construction Company.
The bridge is 1,445.5 feet (440.6 m) long between abutments, and is made up of 14 arches, 11 of which have a clear span of 90.75 feet (27.66 m) and 3 with a clear span of 85.92 feet (26.19 m)
The masonry piers alongside this bridge carried the original 1875 wrought-iron truss bridge (Yardleyville Centennial Bridge).
Leave a Reply