Like many colonial Pinelands industrial sites, the sawmill and tar kiln at Webb’s Mill are only a memory. Zebulon Webb established a sawmill and village here in 1774. A tar kiln was later built; however, both were in ruins by 1839. Today the forest has reclaimed this industrial complex and it is now part of the 16,333 acre Greenwood Forest/Pasadena tract. Remnants of the old charcoal pit, the dam, mill pond, and sand roads are still visible to the careful observer.
pine lands art for sale” target=”_blank”>Buy a print of this here, click on link.